Misquotes can make a camping trip miserable so I am excited to test out the Thermacell Misquote Repellent.
I have tested the Thermacell several times now and so far I am thrilled with the results. I can now sit outside without being eaten alive. Yay!
Buy your Thermacell here: https://alnk.to/fwiR01s
Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Unboxing
The Thermacell Mosquito Repellent MR300 comes with instructions, a couple of mats, fuel, and the Thermacell appliance.
- Remove the cardboard from under the Thermacell black grill.
- Remove one Thermacell mosquito repellent mat from the wrapper.
- Make sure the ON/OFF switch on the appliance is in the OFF position.
- Insert the mat under the appliances’ black grill.
- Remove the appliance cap.
- Remove the cap from the cartridge.
- Screw the cartridge into the opening of the appliance. Make sure the cartridge is fully inserted by turning it clockwise until it stops.
- And then put the cover back on.
- Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position, the butane gas will begin to flow.
- Wait approximately 5 to 10 seconds then depress the start button three to five-time in rapid succession.
- There is a viewing port on the top of the appliance and to confirm it is lite we will see an orange light.
- When finished using the appliance, slide the ON/OFF switch to the OFF position, and allow the appliance to cool completely. The appliance is now ready for storage.
Additional Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Info
- The product works best in outdoors areas where there is minimal air movement. I haven’t had a problem with this as I love to camp in wooded areas and usually somewhat protected from the wind. And mosquitoes are not usually around when it does get windy. But if you are in open areas where wind is more likely this might not be effective so this is something to consider.
- Allow 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area for product to take effect. If mosquitoes are around when I pull into a campsite this is now the first thing I setup.
- Use additional mosquito repellers to cover a larger area… that’s why I originally bought two… to get more coverage.
Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Tips:
- Allow 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area for the product to take effect.
- The product works best in outdoor areas where there is minimal air movement such as yards and campsites.
- Provides a maximum of 4 hours of mosquito repellency per mat.
- Mats turn pale blue to white when mosquito repellent has been used up and needs to be replaced.
- Some visual vapor will appear during use, this is normal.
- Use additional mosquito repellers to cover a larger area.
- Do not expose to rain.
- Cover or remove all exposed food.
- If the appliance fails to heat, it may be out of fuel. Then check the fuel level, hold the appliance vertically, and look through the slot on the back of the appliance. You can see the amount of butane left in the cartridge. Replace if empty.
- To change mats slide the ON/OFF switch to OFF and allow the appliance to cool completely. Push the used mat out by inserting a fresh one.
Portable cup holders work great to place the Thermacell mosquito repellent around the campsite. This is a brilliant idea… But the ones I got weren’t ideal because unless you placed the ThermaCell in it just right it would fall out so a different style would work better.
✅ WATCH VIDEO PART 2 (HOW TO COMBAT MOSQUITOES WHILE CAMPING): https://youtu.be/0EtKPOIzTFs